Respect, Kindness, Resilience, Empathy, Responsibility, Honesty
Our mission at Thorneywood School and Home Education is to:
- enhance the present and future well-being of children and young people unable to attend school due to mental and/ or physical ill health.
- provide the highest quality education in the setting most appropriate for their needs, either at Thorneywood School, at home or in the community.
- liaise with parents/carers, medical and other services and agencies supporting them to gain a holistic view of their needs and to provide support to overcome barriers to learning posed by these.
- provide a nurturing environment which encourages resilience, where they can regain confidence and a sense of enjoyment through learning.
- support continuity of learning by liaising with their own school and creating personalised programmes of study.
- offer a wide range of learning opportunities and experiences on and offsite, to give them increased opportunities to succeed and build their self – esteem.
- carefully monitor and review their time with us and make changes to their provision according to their needs.
- to return our children and young people to education, or other post 16 destination, via carefully planned reintegration programmes tailored to their needs.