Head Teacher’s Welcome
I would like to take this opportunity through our website to welcome you to the Hospital and Home Education Centre, based in the City of Nottingham.
At HHELC we want all of our children and young people to be confident, happy individuals capable of fulfilling both academic and personal success. We believe that every child and young person should feel valued and encouraged to achieve the very best that they can and we are committed to working with other professionals and with parents to achieve our aims.
Although HHELC is made up of four separate provisions we work closely towards the same core principles and values, listed below.
We are currently in the process of updating our website which can give you just a flavour of the learning that our pupils and students undertake on a daily basis. The personalised learning approach which we adopt means that each pupil or student can continue their learning with both challenge and security, at their own pace and without pressure.
If you would like to know more about our school, please contact us.
Interim Head Teacher
(The school’s Managers are currently in the process of appointing a new permanent Head Teacher)
Our mission statement is:
“Working together to provide the highest quality of personalised education for each individual pupil through a culture of continual improvement”
HHELC aims are:
- To aim for each pupil to possess self-belief and dignity and to enable her/him to develop her/his individual talents and skills
- To provide an environment in which all members of the school are happy, feel valued and are able to co-operate in an atmosphere which is conducive to effective learning
- To support pupils in developing attributes and attitudes which will equip them for the future and enable them to make a positive contribution to society
- To teach pupils to accept responsibility and to develop their ability to think and work independently
- To ensure that every young person is treated as an individual who has the right to access a range of educational opportunities as best fits their current needs
- To ensure that pupils are given the opportunity to pursue a balanced curriculum that meets their individual needs and statutory requirement
- To ensure that, insofar as pupils are medically able, they will continue with their (statutory) education achieving academic and personal success. However, learning opportunities are personalised to reflect the pupil’s needs and abilities and as such educational alternatives will also be provided.
HHELC core values are: